Cattleman’s Congress – January 5-11, Oklahoma City, Okla.
The American Maine-Anjou Association (AMAA) Board of Director’s met via conference call on Wednesday, September 29, to discuss an alternative show location for the postponed 2021 National Western Stock Show.
Per board ruling, the American Maine-Anjou Association will select the Cattlemen’s Congress, Oklahoma City, Okla., as the alternative show for the 2021 National Western Stock Show. The AMAA will carry out the normal
National Western Stock Show activities of the Bright Lights Maine-Anjou Sale, the National Maine-Anjou, MaineTainer & Maine Angus junior and open shows and Maine-Anjou & MaineTainer pen shows. All shows will use the same set of selected judges.
Additionally, with the cancellation of the Fort Worth Stock Show the Cattlemen’s Congress will now serve as the National Maine-Anjou Show for 2021. The following shows have been added:
– Open Fullblood Female & Bull Show
– Open Maine Angus Bull Show
– Maine-Anjou & MaineTainer Pen-of-Three Heifer Shows
Tentative Schedule of Events
– Tuesday, January 5 – Pen & Bright Lights Sale Cattle Arrival Begins
– Thursday, January 7 – Junior & Open Cattle Arrival Begins
– Friday, January 8 – Sale Bull and Heifer Evaluation
– Saturday, January 9th – Pen of Three Bull & Heifer Shows & Maine Exchange Embryo and Semen Sale, Cattlemen’s Steakhouse.
– Sunday, January 10 – Bright Lights Maine-Anjou Bull & Female Sale
– Monday, January 11th – Junior & Open Maine-Anjou, Maine Angus, MaineTainer & Fullblood Shows
– Hyatt Place Oklahoma City Airport, Rate: $80, 1818 South Meridian Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73108
– DoubleTree by Hilton Oklahoma City Airport, Rate: $89, 4410 SW 19th St., Oklahoma City, OK 73108
– Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport “Formula Blue Edition”, Rate: $79, 4501 SW 15th St., Oklahoma City, OK 73108
Bright Lights Sale Information:
Entry Deadline: November 20
Photos and Video Due: December 1
Sale Cattle Arrival: Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2021
Sale Evaluation: Friday, Jan. 8, 2021
Sale Day: Sunday, Jan. 10, 2021 – Oklahoma City, OK